Homeschool Moms don't get enough recognition for all of the hard work it takes to run a household, parent and homeschool. If I could, I would sit down with each of you, get to know you better and then bless you with a perfectly timed gift that would show you how proud I am of you! If you're a love language gifts person, I know this would speak to you and even if you're not, I think we can all enjoy a thoughtful gift!
Last year I wrote a gift guide and it was so fun to share some of my favorite things with you. So whether you're looking for a gift for a friend or to put on your own wish list, here are some things I think you'll love!
*indicates Christian content
+indicates companies run by homeschool moms
Gifts for the Bookish Homeschool Mom
1. Throat Coat Tea for Read Alouds: If you're reading aloud constantly like I am, this tea is a life saver!
2. Personalized Favorite Books T-Shirt: What's better than a t-shirt that shouts to the world all of your favorite book titles? This is such a special keepsake…that is if you can narrow down your titles to just nine!
4. *The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom: This is one of my favorite books of all time, and I love this edition!
Gifts for the Maker Homeschool Mom
5. Embroidery Kit: If you're looking to try something new, embroidery is a perfect handicraft for winter. I love a kit like this because it teaches you all of the beginner stitches in an easy to learn way. I utilized youtube for extra help on tricky stitches but once you learn them you can create so much! I love embroidery!
6. Kombucha Starter Kit: I absolutely love kombucha and a kit like this takes all the guesswork out of the getting started process! This hobby is fun, inexpensive and deliciously good for you!
7. +Water Color Class: I love this watercolor class from Brighter Day Press. She is so talented and I am inspired to grow in my skills through her class. This is such a sweet way to set aside time for yourself to create and learn a new handicraft!
8. *Rembrandt Is in the Wind: Learning to Love Art Through the Eyes of Faith: This book has been one of my top reads from this year. It has stuck with me and I highly recommend it. Seeing art history through the eyes of faith has made me ponder both more. I love the writing style and I think all you artsy moms will enjoy this one too!
Gifts for the Outdoorsy Homeschool Mom
9. Keen Elle Backstrap Sandals: I love these so much I eventually bought two pair. I can hike in these and still wear them to church. They're that versatile. They wash up great and I've put hundreds of miles on wearing them and they've never made my feet sore.
10. Snow Pants: If you live in a cold climate, these are a must. I've gotten four years out of mine so far and they look brand new. They keep me warm and dry and able to be out there even on cold days with my kids playing in and enjoying the snow. If you watch the sales you can snag a pair for a reasonable price too!
11. A First Aid Kit: If you're out adventuring with your kids, it's important to have a good first aid kit on hand. I keep a small one in my hiking bag and a bigger one in my car. You can fill it with all of the supplies, herbal creams, balms and ointments you'll need. I love this article that breaks down what to include depending on what activities you're doing together!
12. Not All Classrooms Have Four Walls Sweatshirt: I love the nature vibes and message of this sweatshirt. It's perfect for nature hike outings and lounging around during lessons! So cozy!
Gifts for the Homeschool Mom With a Sense of Humor
13. Oh No, I Forgot to Socialize the Children Sticker: I mean, if this sticker doesn't give you a good chuckle I don't know what will. It's a bit sassy, in a funny, lighthearted way.
14. In My Homeschool Mom Era Sweatshirt: This sweatshirt just makes me laugh and I think it's super cute!
15. Homeschoolers Nutrition Facts T-Shirt: The perfect recipe for "1 Dope Homeschool", I love the subtle humor and the truth of this t-shirt.
16.+ Living Books (and a Little Twaddle) Tote Bag: This one's for my fellow Charlotte Mason homeschool moms. I would love to take this tote to the library!
Gifts for Homeschool Mom Enrichment
17. *+Learning Well Magazine: LWM is the most encouraging, practical, wise and fun homeschool publications out there. Every time I get an issue I sit and pour over it for days and days and still find nuggets of truth, goodness and beauty!
18. *+A Mother's Education: This is a year long program for a mother's own education. Mothers need to prioritize their own learning too! It will stretch you, encourage you, shape you and enrich your life. If a year long program is too much, Little World Wanderers also has a brand new seasonal AME's Advent that I’m going to be using this Nov/Dec and I can’t wait!
19. +Conference Tickets: Find a homeschool conference close to you or within your niche and get your tickets now. They make a great gift and if you get it on your calendar now, you're more likely to go (versus waiting until the last minute)! My favorite conference is the Living Education Retreat, a Charlotte Mason based retreat close to me in Minnesota!
20. *+Mothering By the Book: Jennifer Pepito's book is so full of truth about battling fear, the power of good literature and the lifelong grace of learning alongside our children. I loved this book and think you will too!
Gifts for the Homeschool Mom Who Loves to Host
21.+ My Go-To Cookbook: I love how practical, easy and delicious the recipes are in this cookbook. It's helped me learn how to use my instant pot better, is helpful when making lots of dishes for a big gathering and has given me so many good meals for busy homeschooling nights!
22. A Linen Table Cloth: I honestly love everything from this shop. Their tablecloths wash up super nicely, are durable and so classic looking. This is a perfect gift if you love having people around your table!
23. Bread Maker: This bread maker even has a gluten free setting, which is saying something! Perfect for making a fresh loaf before company comes over, I absolutely love ours and use it all winter long!
24. Linen-Blend Apron Without Waist Ties: An apron like this is so handy to have when your hands are messy in the kitchen. I love having the cross back option and an apron that covers everything!
Gifts for the Organized Homeschool Mom (or the One Who Wants to Be)
25. *+A Beautiful and Useful Planner: I am not typically a planner person, but if I was this is hands down the one I would use. It's perfect for a Charlotte Mason homeschool family and has lots of wonderful pages for reflection, planning and scheduling that I wouldn't have thought to include but am so glad they did!
26. A Snack Tray: Trust me when I say, this is incredibly handy. Whether you're doing lunch on the go on the way to music lessons or at nature group or you just want to prepare a lunch ahead of time so you don't have to worry about it, this snack tray (with a handle, I might add) is perfect for busy days! My kids love "picnic lunch" days as we call it!
27. Car Organizer: If you're the homeschool mom who is always on the go or doing a lot of car schooling, this organizer is perfect! You can fit a ton of books, snacks, library returns and supplies in it and it will collapse when you don't need it!
Gifts for the Homeschool Mom Who Needs A Break
28. Loop Noise Canceling Ear Plugs: These ear plugs let in just the right amount of noise while taking the edge off. They're perfect for the crazy hour when you're putting supper on the table and trying to keep your cool!
29. +Muslin Robe: Everyone talks about silk robes or fluffy cotton ones, but muslin is where it's at! This fabric regulates your body temp so you're never sweating or freezing in your robe. I love all the colors this comes in and their blankets and towels too look so comfy!
30. The Gift of Help: This could be help with childcare, cleaning help, meal planning/grocery delivery help, or time away (like a personal retreat)...or all of the above! I don't know of any homeschool mom who would turn down this gift!
I hope this has given you some ideas for gifts that are practical and fun, for yourself or the homeschooling mom in your life! Happy Homeschooling!